42

Monday 3 March 2014

The sound of music!



Santana happened over the weekend.

I have no idea what Santana is, or who if it is someone.  I just know a lot of people went there and they loved it.  Not even sure where there is.  Looks like FNB.  I thought M&M (why do people name their kids after chocolates) were doing their thing at FNB this weekend?  Or were there two shows?  Who are these dudes?  Manie & Marius?  Or are they girls?  Meisie & Marie?

Music and celavatories are not really my thing.  That department belongs to Irma and Martin.  They know the artists, the lyrics, the everything.  Yes, I have bought music before.  And I will listen to the music of some people.  People like Piet Veerman.  Dennis East.  Theuns Jordaan.  Maybe one or two others I can’t think of right now.

My favourite music of all time:  You get into Mapungubwe National Park or Kruger National Park (even Pilanesberg National Park if you get desperate), ‘phones off, radio off, windows down (or slightly down should it rain), and off you go.  Our Atos is the best for game viewing.  All you do is get her into fifth gear and take your foot off the accelerator.  That gives us 25km/hour.  Best speed to listen to the music of nature.  With some luck you sometimes see the artists also.  I do not know the names of all the artists, but I do know that their performances are way better than those of Santana, Manie, Marius, Meisie and Marie added together.

I think it is time to get into one of these places again, time to listen to one of the best music compilations ever, time to see the Zebra, not the Zebra crossing.  Life in Johannesburg actually sucks, I just realized.

Greetings,

Besembek