42

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Bad Habits!



OK, I did not get to write yesterday.  On this blog it is.  I did reply to an e-mail or two at work.  I even got as far as creating a new mail.  If I write an e-mail, does that still count towards my commitment to write every day?  It is not so easy to break bad habits.  Even easier to form bad habits!

Not much to write about today.  Still trying to get over the shock of the aggressiveness “our” people can reveal when they hear stories about other people.  Skop, skiet en donder seems to be their first and only solution to fix problems, not their very last, like it should be.  Had a hectic Sunday!

Few things need to get done at home - too many to mention.  Just wish I had more hours in a day.  One of the things I need to do is look at one of my hobbies again, building plastic model kits.  Really would like to get good in that area.  My attempts so far have been looking very amateurish!  I think they look pretty good, at least some of them, or parts of them, but when I see photos of the work of others on the Internet I turn green.

I love aircraft, especially those from WWII.  The guys were very creative and they tried to fly all kinds of stuff.  One of the German aircraft I find most fascinating is the Horton Ho 229.  Only three of these aeroplanes were build, with the first flight on 1 March 1944, almost 70 years ago.  I bought one of these models about three years ago but simply haven’t had the courage to start work on it yet.  The scary part is that it is almost two years since the last time I touched a model, really have to make plan!  I only paint with brush, no air-brush, and I have to refine some painting techniques first before I do this one.  In fact, a lot of German military aircraft have this unique spray-painted look to their camouflage schemes, something that is basically impossible to simulate when painting with a normal brush.  I already tried a few things and got close to it using cotton wool!  But I will get it right, I have a plan!  I saw the other day that Humbrol sells spray paint.  It could do the job if I use lots of clay or putty while doing the spraying.  Will let you know once I tried it.

You can see more about the Horton Ho over here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horten_Ho_229 and here https://www.google.co.za/search?q=horten+ho+229&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=su4LU6uaGrHT7AbkmIDoCg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=605.

I guess the only way to break these bad habits of not writing and not building is to just write and just build.  Just do it!

OK, it is raining, and not sure how wet I will be by the time I get to work today.  Have to get ready to go.

Greetings,

Besembek